Study program Electronics and Telecommunications
Today's life cannot be imagined without electronic and communication systems such as computer hardware, home electronics, automotive electronics, medical systems, television, fixed and mobile phones, computer networks and the Internet. Technologies such as Internet of Things, Cloud Computing and Edge Computing require connection of wide array of different devices in fast networks, as well as collecting, preserving, transferring and efficient processing of large amounts of data with small energy consumption. These technologies are at the front of a society digitalisation process.
Engineers who complete the study program Electronics and Telecommunications possess the knowledge and skills necessary for designing and developing integrated circuits, sensors, sensor networks, embedded computer systems, data, video and speech transfer systems, speech recognition systems, automated vehicles etc. This knowledge and skills enable them easy employment in industries such as ICT, automobile industry, finance and insurance, biomedical engineering and so on.
Students on this module acquire knowledge and skills in the field of general and computer electronics, industrial systems and networks and telecommunications. Learning about electronic components, analog and digital circuits and systems, microprocessor systems and electronics applications in power engineering and industrial systems, makes students prepared for jobs that include development, design, realization and maintenance of electronic components, devices and systems for different purposes.
Students on this module acquire knowledge and skills in the field of telecommunication networks and systems, wireless communications, sensor networks and electronics. Learning about analog and digital telecommunications, optical telecommunications, radio communications, digital image processing, acoustics and multimedia makes students prepared for jobs that include development, design, realization and maintenance of telecommunication devices, networks and systems.
Study program goals
- providing knowledge and skills in the areas of electronics and telecommunications,
- providing the base for further education in similar fields of study,
- advancing the skills for development, management and supervision of projects in fields of electronics and telecommunications,
- ensuring that gained knowledge and skills are in accordance with demands of market,
- enabling student mobility,
- acquiring essential understanding of certain aspects of engineering,
- creating the base for lifetime study,
- establishing national and international partnerships in study program implementation.
- basic knowledge in the fields of mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, electronics, telecommunications and information technologies,
- specialist knowledge in the fields of electronics, telecommunications and signal processing,
- ability to select and apply relevant problem-solving methods,
- ability to design, realize and maintain complex systems,
- ability to devise and conduct experiments, interpret results and make conclusions,
- understanding influences of an engineering field of study on surroundings and society,
- demonstrating work ethic, responsibility and respect of moral values in engineering,
- written and oral communication competences,
- recognizing and accepting the need for continuous and lifetime learning.
Plan and program
First study year is common for students on all study programs (in Serbian).
On study program Electronics and Telecommunications students can choose one of two modules before enrolling in the third study year:
This study program includes Student practice as an elective course in the eighth semester. Student practice is carried out in companies with whom the Faculty or University have signed a contract of student practice. Student practice can also be carried out at the Faculty as part of approved science and research projects in which the Faculty (University) takes part, as well as through activities of the International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience (IAESTE).
Practice enables students to learn about special technologies, models, techniques and work organisation, develop teamwork capabilities in problem-solving, perfect the skills necessary in a work place and learn about the methodology of constructing a project management documentation.